Rotten Robyn
7.25.2004
 
Play-at-the-Pump
I was performing one of my least favorite chores tonight, filling up my car with gas.

I was the only person at the gas station. As I stood there waiting, a booming voice came over the loudspeaker: "Pump number 4 (that's me by the way), I think I love you". Hmmm....admiration from the gas station employees. I looked inside the gas station and saw two males just a waving away at me. So, I went over the the call button and pushed it. One of the attendants answered, and I said, "so, if you love me, why am I pumping my own gas?" The attendant paused and replied, "I wasn't prepared for that witty comeback, but I still think I love you".

I finished pumping my gas and thanked the attendants for making my day. I also took a moment of silence to thank God for pay-at-the-pump. Pretty will only get you so far, and it certainly doesn't get your gas pumped. Not even a free fountain drink or car wash.

-Robyn


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger