Rotten Robyn
8.15.2004
 
bad hair day
Olympic Gymanstics - I understand the complicated, technical scoring. I understand all the various moves, dismounts, techniques, routines... But would somebody please explain to me what is going on with those barrettes? Not only do have have to meet certain competitive requirements in order to earn a place on the team, apparently you must also wear a hairstyle involving a ponytail and many silver barrettes. I have worn my hair in a ponytail many a times, and not once have I had to secure it with 50 little silver barrettes. Have these girls not heard of bobby pins....hellllloooooooo...invisible! Or hair gel? Is there some chemical in hair gel that the rest of us don't know about that perhaps causes athletes to test positive for steriods, therefore they avoid it? Could it be that the added weight in the barrettes has the ability to alter their performance....??? the olympic judges may want to look into this conspiracy theory. It is so distracting, I can't even watch their performances. Hmmmmm...this may be the case for the judges as well!

Or if you are afraid of hair products and would rather wear so many of the silver clippy things that you would be unable to go thru a metal detector....uhhhhhh what about a different haircut? I'm thinking something short or which doesn't need to involve layers which you will obviously regret and need to clip and clip and clip?????

-Robyn...gold medal in style

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger