Rotten Robyn
8.20.2004
 
proof is in the pudding...or the olives
There have been two times when I knew, I just knew, that my son was indeed my son.

For the most part, the little guy walks around looking and sounding like a mini-me of his father, like I had little or nothing to do with him and was merely the vessel that brought him into this world. He does have my devastatingly gorgeous mesmerizingly powerful bewitching blue eyes though. Lucky him, and too bad for the rest of the world who has to look us in the eye...
anyway...

The other day, we went to Blockbuster Video. The newly re-arranged Blockbuster video. Here's how it went:

Nathan: "They've re-arranged Blockbuster!"
Me: "yep"
Nathan: "Just look at how feng shui it is in here! You can feel the chi flowing!"

I swear to God.

He did not hear this from his father.

Positive energy flowing at the Blockbuster! You'd think this meant we rented a really good movie. Nuh-uh.

The only other time I just knew, Nate was about three. I walked into the kitchen and there sat the cute little guy, sitting criss-cross/apple-sauce smack dab in the middle of the kitchen tile, eating green olives out of the jar with a spoon. That's my boy. I grabbed my own utensil and said "scoot over buddy".

-Robyn...sharp corners are pointing at me

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger