Rotten Robyn
8.03.2004
 
The Search For Strawberry Soda, Part 5
I went to church with a guy on Sunday.

His three children were in town visiting him. One of his children is the same age as my child, so that's pretty exciting.

The plan was we'd meet for church and go out to lunch after. Me and my kiddo and him and his kiddos. However, my former spouse technically still had Nathan. We were all at the same service though, so I was able to introduce Nathan to his son and they went to the children's worship service together. (Note to self: could possibly hinder ability to meet men at church when you are at same worship service as your former spouse. Thankfully, it's a big church.)

In my personal opinion, I haven't dated very much in my lifetime. It's amazing...the more guys I'm around, it gets faster and easier to be discerning and spot the red flags. Or to just quickly have the feeling that, even if a person is at church, something just isn't right. On to the next one.

I declined this guy's lunch invite. I graciously explained that since I didn't have Nate and we couldn't have all the kids together, he could just go out with his kids and enjoy the time he has with them. Really, I didn't want to intrude on the little time he has to spend with his kids. Another plus of dating more: learning how to graciously decline an invitation - an important social skill but oftentimes hard to do.

Nathan sure was impressed though. He was ready for me to walk down the aisle. His comments:

I had to explain to Nathan that Mommy may meet men, and we may actually reject a few before we settle on the right one. Or Mommy may stay single the rest of her life and die alone, but that's ok too. I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the point. Seriously, I explained to Nathan that I won't end up with anyone unless it's God's plan and God sends the right man for both me and especially for Nathan.

It's so painfully obvious to me why you have to be so careful about dating when you are a single parent. Who you allow your children to be exposed to. Above all, I have to make decisions that serve to guard him and protect him and are in his best interest because he is the most precious thing in the world to me.

-Robyn



Comments:
super blog...keep it up, will check back again for updates - online audio niv bible

pay that page a visit as well
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger