Rotten Robyn
8.09.2004
 
That's right - just cheese, ranch, butter & olives...
Are you sitting down? I got a baked potato today. I called in my order, and I just knew I was going to have to repeat it several times when the girl asked me to "hode on" instead of "hold on" before she slammed the phone on the counter.

When I got to the restaurant to pick it up, they didn't have it ready yet because they were confused over the simplicity of my order: a baked potato with butter, spicy ranch dressing, cheese and black olives. How could this be? This is not a choice on our menu!!! No, I don't want the one with bacon or chives or turkey or dressing or meatloaf or whatever weird-ass stuff you want to put on a friggin' potato! I could overhear the cashier discussing my order with the chef....she repeated it to him three times. He kept repeating it back to her, like it was the strangest, most unbelievable thing he had ever heard. An alien ship just landed in the parking lot. Elvis is alive and well. Michael Jackson wants his old nose back. And this woman only wants what on her potato?

On the plus side, this did give me plenty of time to pick out which cookie I wanted. On the dark side, it brings out a slightly mean streak in me. Every time I repeat my order it makes me want to change it, make it slightly different and even more complex.

Geez, it gets harder and harder every day to eat carbs.

-Robyn...havin' it your way, as long as your way isn't with butter, spicy ranch, cheese and black olives

Comments:
You definitely need the "wheel" of toppings! Then you could have it your way everyday!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger