Rotten Robyn
8.15.2004
 
this ain't no strawberry soda...
the following is based on actual events....

I went on four dates with a guy, then got this e-mail:



Hi Robyn, Sorry for not getting with you sooner. I had to work on Saturday. I know Thursday might not have been all that it coulda, woulda, shoulda, have been. I just wanted to get some feedback from you. I am enjoying your company, but even though we get along intellectually I am feeling that there is a certain lack of chemistry between us. Let me know if you see it different and I am way off base and just not reading it right. L8r, name withheld
And it was an e-mail. Not even an instant message where we might actually have to engage in an on-line conversation about our lack of chemistry.

First of all, I've never, ever had a lack of chemistry with anybody. Oh, except for that man I was married to for 10+ years, but that's a whole other story. Anyways, chemistry is normally not a problem. It's usually just the opposite, lots o' chemistry and not much substance. So I guess we can be pleased with the fact I'm making progress and people find me intellectually appealing. Maybe pretty doesn't matter and I don't need to worry about getting those pedicures so often.

Do you remember the days when people actually had to pick up the phone to dump you? Granted, he had to type this out, but it could be a macro, an automated response.

Guys can be such babies. And advances in electronic media are just making it easier for them...first they didn't want to see the look on your face so they used the phone, now they don't even want to hear your voice. On the plus side, you don't have to hear their voice either, so you don't have that tape to play and re-play in your head. Just hit the delete button. You'll just have to stick to listening to the other voices in your head.

date #1, dinner $10.00
date #2, pancakes at IHOP, $4.00
date #3, dinner $10.00
date #4, movie $8.00
getting dumped in an e-mail, pricel....wait a minute, it was actually worth about $32.00.

and I can assure you I looked drop-dead gorgeous, not the least bit intellectual, every single time...

What is the big deal about chemistry anyway? Isn't that achievable with just about anybody?

I may not be any sort of relationship expert, but I know that chemistry is not the thing that lasts.

-Robyn...dumped by the ghost in the machine



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger