Rotten Robyn
9.02.2004
 
100% juice
OK, so apparently some are wondering just how my date with the nice church boy went.

Well the fact that there has been NO mention of it whatsoever on my blog should give you an indication of how just how fabulous I think this guy is. I am in serious like with him. I never kiss and tell, or rather, kiss and blog. Unless, that is, it goes very badly and I have some horrific story to share. : )

My son turned on the television last night. No doubt to stick in Star Wars to watch for a few minutes before bed. We don’t have cable so we only have like four channels. He made the comment “look Momma! The same thing is on all the channels!”. That’s GOT to make it exciting, right? Yep, the Republican National Convention. He sweetly patted the spot next to him on the sofa and said “come watch it with me!” How could I resist? This or Star Wars again? It’s a tough call. Both are sheer fantasy. Star Wars being the more realistic of the two.

I had just explained to Nate the night before how mommy feels about W. This is one of those “yes I am the worst mother in the world stories”. I’m certainly not a one issue voter. But the pro-choice thing is something I am interested in and I have examined both candidates stand on this issue (as well as other things). So I told Nathan…warning….this is the bad mommy part….that George W. does not believe that a woman should be able to choose what kinds of doctors she goes to. I didn’t explain any more than that….
And I never miss an opportunity to point out to Nathan that our soldiers are dying in Iraq every single day.

Somebody has apparently gotten to Nathan. I can only assume hard core W fanatics are patrolling the playgrounds and brainwashing small children and they are secretly plotting to work me over. We watched the convention for maybe 5 minutes. That Zell, Hell whatever person was on. I don’t know. Fancy that, the one time I go by the Republican National Convention, it’s some old white guy. What are the chances of that??? But it reminded me more of watching the Reverend Charles Stanley preach than anything else…as I matter of fact when I first walked by the t.v. I thought it WAS the Reverend Charles Stanley. We watched it just long enough for Nathan to pick up on the fact that this Zell Hell guy was trash talking John Kerry. Nathan said it wasn’t nice to say bad things about someone else.

I had NO coffee yesterday. That’s right, no coffee. Probably explains why I was in bed by 9:45. No caffeine whatsoever. I was going to try to make it through again today, but when I woke up with the whole pounding headache thing, I thought screw that! Besides, today is Thursday and everyone knows that Thursday is donut day and I always go by Dunkin Donuts and get a French Cruller. And if you are going to have a French Cruller you’ve got to have a caramel latte with it. And it’s totally out of my control! I no longer have a say so in this. I go in and the nice little man who works at Dunkin just starts making my order. He has apparently spotted a pattern. We’ll see if I have the strength of character to forego the coffee tomorrow morning…

I always eat just the one French Cruller, but every time I do I wonder exactly how many of those things I could eat in one sitting. One day, I’m going to find out. I seriously bet I could eat 10 of ‘em. I’m also really freaky about the Krispy Kreme donuts…if I buy a box I will usually willpower myself into eating just one and then I lick the chocolate frosting off of another, or just lick the glaze off of another. Why am I telling you people how weird I am?

I have lots of food issues. I am a “layer” person…if I get something that has multiple layers…I like to eat the layers separately. Give me your basic slice of key lime pie (yes please from Bahama Breeze mmmm) and I will first eat the whipped cream topping, then the key lime part, then the crust. This can make eating a simple piece of pie turn into a half hour ordeal. And the chocolate French crullers – totally a two layer thing. First I eat the chocolate icing off. When I was married, this (amongst other things) drove my former spouse batty. I’m pretty sure it’s the reason we are no longer together.

Here’s another one – you know how I like the coffee beverages. I will have steamed milk or foam or froth or half and half in my coffee, but I would never ever just pour regular milk into my coffee. Oh the horror! The thought of that just grosses me out, because I don’t drink milk. But for some reason, the whole “steaming” process makes it ok. And I will rarely & occasionally think its ok to use one of the little pink packets of sweetener, but I would never actually put real sugar in my coffee. Flavored syrup, hey, that’s ok too. But sugar – no way!

Geez. What a freak I am! Is it any wonder that I’m alone?

I’m also a very mean mommy. I’m one of those mommies who says “no you can’t have that because it’s not 100% juice!!!”. Poor Nathan. I felt really guilty about this last weekend when I took him to buy stuff for his school lunches. I was going to be the cool mom and let him buy the Capri-Sun crap, and he said “that’s ok, I will just drink milk in the cafeteria”. Yep, I would too, but apparently only if it’s steamed.

-Robyn…mother of future republican delegate who only drinks 100% juice





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger