Rotten Robyn
9.22.2004
 
dehydrated crack-er addict with no power windows but my uterus is in the right place
Goodbye 2004 Red Chevy Aveo

My car is fixed. Turned the rent car back in this morning. It's a good thing too, me and that rent car were developing a certain kind of closeness that I needed to nip in the bud. I'll treasure the good times we shared.

It's weird how driving another vehicle for just 5 minutes can totally screw you up on your own car though. Where are the wipers? The lights? Huh? And don't EVEN get me started on trying to figure out what car I am looking for in a parking lot. I went to the drive through at the bank and was shocked to find out I no longer had power windows. I will miss this clever little compartment in the Aveo that was just the right size for my cell phone. In the absence of surgical implantation for my cell phone, this seemed to be the next best place.

Hertz asked me if I wanted a driver to take me back to the car shop. Yes please! Much to the delight of the all male staff at the Hertz rent-a-car I requested not just ANY driver but a cute and single driver who would stop the crazy train at Starbucks. Sometimes it is very, very good to be a demanding customer. And hey...I had filled up the tank and adjusted the stereo for optimum sound quality, why SHOULDN'T they accommodate me? One more thing about my car...totally worth it to have gotten into an accident as the auto body shop vacuumed my car. I spend absolutely no time on vehicle care/cleanliness,etc. so this was a nice bonus.
Giant Goldfish Crackers

Got some of these HUGE goldfish crackers. Note the use of the word "crack" in "crackers". This is due to their addictive qualities. Besides, eating the huge ones is WAY more satisfying than shoving a whole handful of small ones into your pie-hole at once. Probably more ladylike too.
thirsty

I have a water jug I carry around with me and for the past couple of days I can't for the life of me keep up with it. Geez, glad it's not something important like my purse or wallet. In my advancing dementia that stuff will be next. Just my source of hydration for now. Anyway, I carry this bottle around with me and try to drink a lotta water and it just ain't been happening. Guess it's a good thing I'm not responsible for say carrying around a baby's bottle if I can't keep up with my own bottle. Thankfully, for his sake, my child is now able to fend for himself.

Lately it just seems like I have been worrying about irrational things. What if this, what if that. Here's a for instance for you. My car was in the shop and I was worrying that it was going to cost more than I had planned on to get it fixed. But the thing is...some other lady hit me and her insurance was paying for the whole deal. Huh? WHY am I worrying about this??? Anyway, I guess I write this just to get it out of my system and to remind myself how pointless this is. I think that is probably one of the biggest differences between being single and married. When you are married, when it comes to money, bottom line, it just feels better monetary wise to not be alone. I think even if the other person doesn't contribute financially. When you are alone then you truly feel like the responsibility is completely upon you, well, because it is. Nobody to help out.

Had my annual exam this week. OK, I know this is rather personal to share, but I just cannot believe what I had to have done to my body and the fact that I had to pay somebody to do it to me.

-Robyn...my sock monkey can kick your sock monkey's ever-livin' ass



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger