Rotten Robyn
9.28.2004
 
do the dew
clever pick-up lines

Have had two gentlemen try to approach me with the same clever line in the past two days.

There are two guys who stand right outside of my office and smoke pretty much once an hour. Chances are if I step foot outside of my office I will have an encounter with them. Yesterday I was walking to the mailbox for the 4:17 pickup (yes it is exactly 4:17 p.m.) and decided to get my large Sprite with lotsa ice on the way back. So I'm walking back to my office and one of the guys says:
"Uh, you didn't get us anything to drink?"

Clever.

This morning I am walking into my office with my Starbucks cup. Shocker. One of the many construction workers in my building gets the door for me and says:
"Uh, you didn't bring me any coffee?"

Clever.

At least he held the door for me. The smokers of the previous day didn't jump up and get the door. Score one for construction worker!

Hold on, maybe they weren't thinking of something devilishly clever to say to me. Maybe they genuinely had some sort of expectation I would bring them a beverage.
clever former spouse

My former spouse brought our child to my house on Sunday afternoon. I was in my kitchen cooking. My former spouse stood at the entrance to my kitchen and made the following remark, with much humor intended:
"what are you doing there in front of that big white box (stove) gee I've never seen you do that"
guffaw guffaw guffaw

Needless to say I did not find the comment the least bit humorous. Cooking is not a laughing matter. Yes I did cook when I was married. And I'm sorry that I couldn't meet your expectation of cooking and raising your child and working a full-time job and doing all your laundry and and and and and...

I digress.

Anywho, last night, former spouse brought Nate home. I was cooking. Former spouse left. Nathan came into the kitchen and said "what are you doing there in front of that big white box (stove) gee I've never seen you do that."
Comment even less funny when you hear it from the mini-me version of former spouse.

So I made fettucine alfredo. Yum. Nathan decided it was a wonderful flavor combination if he took a bite, and then took a drink of Mountain Dew. He kept trying to get me to try it. Note: people trying to get me to "here you've gotta try this have a bite just taste this" is one of my biggest pet peeves. I finally said "Nathan, I don't like Mountain Dew. Stop asking me." To which Nathan replied, "Mom, if you don't like Mountain Dew, why do you keep buying it?" That, my dear, is an excellent question.

-Robyn....uhhhh, no, I didn't get you anything to drink, especially a Mountain Dew










Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger