Rotten Robyn
9.07.2004
 
hot fresh donuts & bubble wrap euphoria
We had a cat for exactly 2 days this past February. My son had a horrible allergic reaction, so the cat had to go back to the animal sanctuary. : ( The cat's name was Itty Bitty. Now, we have a dog - Okie Dokie. No, I did not give either of these animals their devilishly clever two-word names.

I promise I'm getting to a point here....my dad came over to deliver Krispy Kreme donuts Saturday morning. Yum. The ones with chocolate icing. One of the many reasons it's great to have a kid. Donut delivery service! This has been going on since my son turned one year old. I'm watching my dad walk out the front door and he says to Okie Dokie "bye Itty Bitty". So my dad can remember the cat's name I had for 2 days, but can't remember the dog's name I've had for several months now. My dad's funny like that........he used to always call Bennigan's restaurant McMulligans. We've eaten at Hideaway Pizza about a million times and he can't ever remember the name of the place.

They are doing construction in the office building where I work. They put this plastic runner on the carpet down the hallway. I guess they decided that wasn’t good enough, so they took this giant plastic sticky stuff, and put it over the already in-place runner. This created a wonderful effect. There are air bubbles between the two pieces of plastic, so everytime you walk down the hall, it’s like walking on a giant sheet of bubble wrap. I intentionally walk in such a way that I get to step on as many of the air bubbles as possible. The construction workers look at me as though I am deranged. I don’t care what they think about my walking-on-bubble-wrap euphoria.

Speaking of euphoria I got to jump in a moon-bounce last night. Total fun. I swear I am getting one of these for my next birthday party.

I ate in the school cafeteria today with my son. Cheese pizza day. That's good, you know, cuz these kids just don't get enough pizza in their lives. So I'm going through the line and two of the cafeteria workers point out to me that there's a salad bar in the cafeteria! Woo hoo! So I get my cheese pizza and my two orange slices and my grape juice. Cafeteria worker lady tried to get me to drink milk. No way!

So I excitedly went to the 'salad bar'. It was a bowl of lettuce (frozen) and some italian dressing and a bowl of apple slices. Gee, I wonder why it's so hard to get our kids excited about things like salad and vegetables????? Score on the apple slices! But I ended up giving those to Nathan.

They had corn too. I passed on the corn. Canned corn is ick. So in all the years since which have passed since I went to elementary school, they are still having the same lunch menu on pizza day - pizza, corn, salad...except they no longer have the delightful chocolate brownie which was the best part. The kids in the cafeteria, well they seemed fine with the days choices, but they just don't know what it was like.

Two of the girl at my table asked if they could go get MORE salad and MORE corn. The lunch lady told them NO! I'm thinking the kids are asking for CORN and SALAD here. This is one of those things that should be encouraged. Eat all the salad and corn you want for cryin' out loud! And go to the library and check out another book while you're at it!

I have not been to the movies since August 9. That's got to be some sort of record for me. Hmmmm- where has the time gone? Anywho, that's all for now.

-Robyn...lunch lady

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger