Rotten Robyn
10.19.2004
 
it's lonely at the top
why I make such a horrendous single person

  1. For dinner, I can eat peanut m&m's.
  2. I can't get the lid off of my Starbucks commuter cup, and that just pisses me off. I need a big, strong, burly, lid-removing man. Or woman.

But on the plus side, I get to have all the shoes I want and the whole closet is just for me me me!

Yesterday was my first day at my new job. I will just have to assure all that I looked very cute. It's too bad someone couldn't have taken my picture, with you know, a digital camera, to commemorate my day. Like those "first day of school pictures". Nobody gives a rats ass about you when you are a grown up.

I made my first decision today. I told an employee she could work through her lunch. It's lonely at the top. But I knew that it was likely people wouldn't like me.

I have never been very good at the whole taking my lunch thing. I try to be well organized in the mornings, and this is just one thing I can do without. I try to make all decisions the night before because lets face it I don't start to think until I've had coffee. But I'm thinking hey....fresh new start....fresh new job.....I'll start taking my lunch! So I packed my yogurt and my granola bar and I walked off and forgot it. Damn....so I had to go to Pei Wei.

I used to save all my "fortunes" from fortune cookies. I can no longer do that unless I intend to start wallpapering with them. I also have a nice supply of soy sauce and hot mustard packets. That very well may be my emergency food stash. The whole Pei Wei thing is completely out of control. Someone stop me please. Stage an intervention or something.

I went to Beth Moore bible study last night with Mom. You learn cool stuff at bible study. Like the holy spirit is represented by oil in the Old Testament. Some people say this is crap though. My Mom (thankfully) doesn't go to the part of bible study where the ladies sit around and talk - just the part where they play a video of Beth Moore. That's good, because I don't care much for the sitting around and talking part. There's always one person in the group who won't shut up, and one crazy in the group. Sometimes they are the SAME person, and that's too much.

Bananas for the Homeless

Thinking of starting a charity. Here's what I do. On the rare occasion I go to the store, I always buy bananas. Then they turn brown/black on my counter. Wouldn't it be cool if I could arrange to donate my banana money to the market, and they could just give the bananas to someone who needs them and will eat them and not let them sit around and rot?

off to work on my halloween costume

-Robyn

p.s. tomorrow is the Greek Festival! Opa!


Comments:
I'll be home 'round Thanksgiving, Robyn. If you can hold on to that commuter cup til then, I'll rip that lid right off for you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger