Rotten Robyn
12.12.2004
 
panties panties everywhere
The kind of story that is absolutely hilarious.
When it happens to someone else.

Got up Saturday morning. Threw on jeans from Friday. Went to Starbucks. Ran into someone that I knew. It's bad enough I have on no makeup. Just a chit-chatting away, and he points to the ground. I'm thinking I must need to tie my shoes. Please God, please let that be it. Maybe I dropped something. Nope, there are last nights knickers which have fallen out of last nights jeans.

Oh the horror.

At least I can be proud of my nice Victoria's Secret thongs and not .88 cent special underwear from Walmart. However, if the undies were a bit bigger, perhaps one could keep up with them.

I swear sometimes that someone must be following me around, getting ideas for the next Bridget Jones book. Perhaps, someday I will have achieved the certain number of Bridget Jones-isms in my life that one must reach in order to be rewarded with a Mr. Darcy.

Moving on.

Fej, my opinion on the hair thing. Must comment. No one should pay off a little girl to grow out long pretty hair.

I had long pretty blonde hair all of my life. I finally worked up the courage to cut mine this year. And make it darker. I felt ridiculous walking around being my 32, 33 year old self and still looking like Barbie. After the big chop off, I walked into my parent's house and Mom said
"Oh your hair!"
"It's short"
"And it's browwwwwn!"

Mind you, it wasn't even that short, and it wasn't even that brown. Just the fact that it wasn't the whole white bleached out look anymore. Ugh. Anyway, I thought Mom was going to cry over my hair. She finally mustered a compliment "well it's your hair, you can do what you want". It took her a while to warm up to it but I think she digs my low-lights now. And the darker hair does make my blue eyes just POP right out at ya.

I do have a point here. I never felt like I could or should cut my hair because people make such a big deal over long pretty hair that you feel like you would be unattractive without it. A couple of people wanted to make some sort of correlation between getting the big D and cutting my hair when that had nothing to do with it. I could have cared less what my former spouse thought about my hair. It's all about me me me! I had just finally worked up a level of self confidence I think comes with age and maturity to know that I am attractive and like the way my I look no matter if I have the Barbie hair or not. Still working on the whole self confidence thing having to do with I am attractive no matter how much I weigh. Yeah right!

So, back to you Fej...your daughter...I'm thinking of starting a pool for to give her $$$ to do whatever the freak she wants with her hair. Let's not let 'em start thinking at such a formative, wee age that hair = pretty and that you should let a man tell you how to fix your hair. ; )

Had this whole laundry thing going on. I would wash clothes and not put them away. So I had scads of clean clothes just thrown about in my closet. And I have been working like a mad-woman, cracking the whip at the office and too tired to do much when I get home. I spent considerable time on the condo/closet yesterday which is good to get one's clothes organized. It is especially important to be responsible with one's underthings.

-Robyn...is it really wrong to eat my weight in tortilla chips

Comments:
My stomach hurts from reading your latest panty experience. Sorry, it was from laughter. That had to be rough.

I feel bad for my daughter having me as her primary hair care provider. She's learning despite my influence and a fund to give her incentive to take care of her hair instead of just letting it grow wild is a good idea.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger