Rotten Robyn
1.25.2005
 
completely insecure about all things except the Hello Kitty toaster and the 25th day
"I Love You" sightings:
1. A couple of months ago, Mr. Poodle Hater accidentally told me twice "I Love You". One of those deals where you are getting ready to walk out the door, getting ready to hang up the phone and the words just slip out. So I let those slide.
2. Then we had the whole incident where I got the text messages that I thought were from him but they were actually from a small child belonging to him who has an unbelievable grasp on cell phone technology. Ugh. We still don't want to talk about that one.
3. I've gotten lots of "I'm falling in love with you's". Or, "I think I'm falling in love with you". Or the "I am trying to figure out what it means to love you". I also got lots of "I like you". Or "I heart you". Yes I would literally get a text message on my phone that said "I heart you".
4. Then right around the new year, we were at church and lots of other people were standing around. Right in the midst of this he leans over and whispers in my ear "I Love You."
5. Since then, he told me "I Love You" once on the phone when we were getting ready to hang up. I also got another "I'm trying to figure out what it means to love you". Huh? Did he mean it when he said it? Did he change his mind?
6. Then the other night night, he stops by, takes my car to fill it up with gas (score!) and drops my keys off and tells me he loves me before he goes. I know when he said it I made a face at him....crinkled my nose at him.....just because it's so sporadic and caught me off guard. Then I wonder when I'm going to hear it again?

And yet it is puzzling to him why I would be completely insecure about our relationship. A Hello Kitty toaster only gets you so far.

explanation of the female body
Just to clear things up for some of you men who think that women only get their periods once per month. Actually, no. I got my period on January 1. And since I get my period every 25 days, I will actually have two periods this month. If you do the math....365ish days per year divided by a period every 25 days...it actually comes out to 14.6 periods per year. Sigh.

former spouse fodder

Talked to my kiddo last night. Nate said that him and daddy might be moving because Daddy has found a house to buy. Nate was quite serious when he told me this. I told Nate I was very happy for him and his dad and I hope it all works out. Then after I hung up I was very sad. I started going down this path that I don't like...the how come he is in a position where he is able to buy a house and I am going to be paying rent for the rest of my life... I try to be a person who is not concerned about what other people have that I don't and find contentment with my life. But I gotta admit this one got to me.

But then I remembered. I remembered just this past Saturday when Nate's glasses were broken and former spouse took them to the eyeglass place to get them fixed. It cost a $10 co-pay. Former spouse told me the eyeglass place also offered to replace lenses for additional $10 co-pay. Nate has had glasses for probably close to 7 months and while he is careful with them, he is after all a kid and there are scratches. Former spouse declined to do this. So I called the eyeglass place and asked them to go ahead and replace the lenses and I would pay for them when the glasses were picked up. Then I called former spouse and told him I'd done this, in case he happened to pick glasses up. I just told him I had requested new lenses, didn't tell him he needed to pay, didn't enter into any discussion about payment, etc. Then he said....well I don't know if I can pay for that or not. Mind you, when Nate got the glasses 7 months ago I was the one who took him to the doctor. I was the one who paid for the exam and I was the one who paid for the glasses. Didn't ask for anything from him.

So I'm ok now. All better.

-Robyn..."words of love so soft and tender won't win a girl's heart anymore/if you love her you must send her somewhere where she's never been before" (The Mamas and The Papas)
OK, perhaps more effective when actually sung by Mama Cass and not typed.

Comments:
Aren't kids' glasses a pain in the butt?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger