Rotten Robyn
12.31.2004
 
Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Cider
Mom got me pj's for Christmas. Mom either (1) doesn't realize I don't wear pj's to bed or (2) hopes that I will start wearing pj's to bed. I am blogging in them though and rather like them. They are red with coffee cups all over them. Pictures of coffee cups, that is.

My niece Kitty Kat (age 10) was in town for Christmas. I enriched the quality of her life by taking her to Starbucks and the fabulous mexican restaurant here in town. She was impressed to no end that the people in Starbucks knew me. I explained to her the sheer importance of developing these kinds of personal relationships.

When Kitty Kat and I were running around, we pulled up next to a police officer. Kitty Kat said a friend had told her to never get involved with a police officer because they are involved in a lot of violence and can get violent. So I asked Kitty Kat what kind of man should you get involved with? A rich one, she said. She'll do fine.

Kitty Kat and I both pulled our hair back in pony-tails and she was quite the mini-me. I tried to teach her a couple of new catch phrases, one being "we are not fit for manual labor". I guess I'll find out from my brother here in the next few weeks if any of them stuck with her.

Starting the new year off by blogging. That's good, right? Also, have a manicure and the condo is very very very clean. There is something to be said about starting the new year off with a freshly scrubbed toilet. I have also done almost all of my laundry. If you still care about this post at this point, bless your heart.

It was good to clean the condo. I was very reflective as I cleaned as I have lived here for almost a year now. It was nice to think about how blessed I am and how much I have enjoyed living here and how content I am with my surroundings.

I could not wait to gleefully rip down all of the Christmas decorations. What was I thinking? I mean it's not like anyone saw them! Did you come over? Noooooooo!

The last couple of Christmas's before I left my marital home were so bad. One year, I put up no decorations because Nate and I went out of town on one trip while my former spouse went on a complete and separate va-ca. Hmmmm, sign of things to come perhaps? Another Christmas towards the end I swear I left the decorations up way longer than I should have. I finally put everything away in the boxes, but I left the boxes piled in a corner in my living room until sometime in March. Twas not a happy camper.

This Christmas was not bad. It did not suck. Which is more than I can say for the past several years.

I love New Year's. It's a brand new fresh start. This past year had a whole lotta crappy in it. So I am excited about 2005 even though some people think things like watching the ball drop and drinking sparkling non-alcoholic cider is completely silly. I don't care. I know that I can have a brand new fresh start anytime. I did resolve that earlier in 2004 - July 1st. I was at On the Border and I was writing out "rest of the year resolutions". I started a blog. And you know what? The 2nd half of the year was WAY better than the first.

I'm going to make resolutions. Not right now though. It's two in the morning people! I'll probably take a notebook to Starbucks tomorrow and sit around and drink coffee and sketch them out. So I guess it's safe to say that no more Starbucks is not a resolution.

-Robyn...I did NOT get the Hello Kitty toaster for Christmas

Comments:
Happy New Year Robyn. I'm sorry about the lack of your desired toaster, I didn't get the front end loader I wanted either.

I made it through the laundry portion of this post only to realize, I have so much of my own to do... better get to it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger