Rotten Robyn
1.06.2005
 
slick in spots
I am so looking forward to getting up and going to work every day for the rest of my life.

It is cold and icy outside so the world has practically come to a standstill. Some things I don't like about the cold. I don't particularly like bundling up. It makes me feel all fat to have on say a t-shirt and a bulky sweater. But today I have on a sweater and socks that match so I am all matchy-matchy and cute. Old Navy rocks. Anywho, I'm also tired of my hair having the static. I'm using anti-static stuff and hairspray "product" and what not, but I still get the static.

Baby Names

In the news today. The top 10 baby names of 2004 (vs. 2003)
(You can also refer to these lists as what you should NOT name a kid)

Girls' names
Emma (Emily)
Madison (Emma)
Emily (Madison)
Kaitlyn (Hannah)
Hailey (Hailey)
Olivia (Sarah)
Isabella (Kaitlyn)
Hannah (Isabella)
Sarah (Olivia)
Abigail (Abigail)

Boys' names
Jacob (Jacob)
Aidan (Aidan)
Ethan (Ethan)
Ryan (Matthew)
Matthew (Nicholas)
Michael (Joshua)
Tyler (Ryan)
Joshua (Michael)
Nicholas (Zachary)
Connor (Tyler)

Assembling my OWN list of top baby names.
in no particular order
Reese (girl)
Keegan (boy)
Keely (girl)
Quinn (girl)
Larry (but only for a girl)
Carl (boy)
Jennie (girl)
Addie (girl)
Carmen (girl) - this is probably my favorite
Justice (either)
Pearl (girl)
Rose (girl)

Dinner with the parents again last night. Mom made fried chicken. I was assembling a plate for Nate and had the audacity to attempt to put a chicken leg on my child's plate. Mom said "NO"..."he doesn't LIKE fried chicken, I made HIM chicken nuggets". I find this terribly amusing (NOT) as I was raised in a home by two parents, one of them who strangely resembled this nugget-woman, who would not let me have my 5th birthday party until I finished ALL of my scrambled eggs (guess who no longer eats eggs) and prepared such lovely concoctions for us kids such as liver and onions. My how times have changed. And Nathan WILL eat fried chicken. I've seen him do it on many an occasion. And and and I am not a short order cook. I fix it, you eat it or starve. Or more like, I get take out, you eat it or starve.

Always be prepared (that's probably why I have assembled aforementioned list of baby names). My birthday is exactly 4 months from today. I won't give too many more warnings about my special day.

-Robyn...yes please

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger