Rotten Robyn
1.11.2005
 
submitted for your approval
Apparently when you get "serious" with someone who is pastoral they have to go in front of the ministerial board.

I'm wondering, if in fact you get serious, if perhaps a joint meeting could be conducted with the Archdiocese processing my anulment. Perhaps I can be annulled and disapproved/approved in one giant swoop. Maybe we can take it one step further and bring in some representatives of the Church of the Jumbotron as I've not yet renewed my membership there. Maybe Kirk Cameron could officiate.

Anywho, what does the ministerial board need to do anyway? You'd think if anyone could hopefully make a wise relational choice it would be a pastor (Jim and Tammy Faye). Maybe the ministerial board could more wisely use their time with other sad saps who probably met their special friend significant other dog hater at someplace stupid like divorce support group or Walmart. Oh.

What would the ministerial board do? Are they going to want to make some sort of determination regarding whether someone's underwear is Nazarene enough? What do you do if they don't like small sweater-wearing dogs?

And if things ARE getting serious, somebody needs to go before MY board. I'm not sure who would be on it, but I bet Mom would like a spot.

I'll submit some things for your approval:
*The people at Starbucks can vouch for me.
*I don't have any tattoos. Willing to get one of a sock monkey if that would help.
*I've already been to miscellaneous Methodist, Assembly of God, Catholic, Baptist churches AND the Jewish temple. C'mon guys, let's be fair. Nazarene is the next logical choice!
*I have a lot of slips (even though I seldom wear one). Mom buys me a new slip every year. (Like slips can go bad?)
*I have a fabulous sense of style.
*I have a collection of Cherished Teddy figurines.

For your disapproval:
*I hardly ever check my post office box.
*My car is somewhat of a giant trash can.
*I told all of my employees today that if I can hear them talking they are entirely too loud. It has been the loveliest, quietest afternoon ever though.
*Last night for dinner, I had popcorn and lemon pepper seasoning. I'm not going to tell you if I actually put the lemon pepper on the popcorn. Today I have eaten part of a scone and some cheese nips.
*I cannot sleep and have major dark circles under my eyes.
*I secretly like Eminem and the smell of cigarette smoke.
*My pumpkin from Halloween is still sitting on my patio. It's now more of a scientific experiment than a decoration.

-Robyn

Comments:
What do you know, Kirk Cameron will be here this week. I doubt I'll make it though.

I recently found out we have a Pei Wei here too. I'm just so dang curious how you survived on it so long, I'm going to have to break down and go there one day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger