Rotten Robyn
1.20.2005
 
what's behind door number 2?
I don't know what to write here. There's no thought process people!!!

I am trying to get my name changed with the Social Security administration. Turns out that it would be easier for Mom to re-birth me and apply for a new card. Was explaining this dilemma to Mom yesterday. I told her, hey, I'm in no hurry. So she made the comment that time goes by so fast that it'll be here before I know it. So I explained that I will probably get married dozens of times before I retire. Dozens! Geez! I am never changing my name again. I don't care if I get remarried and we ALL have different last names. Not going to do it.

Older brother just turned 36. That is very distressing to me because that means that I will be 34 on my birthday. 34 is ok, but I'm telling you right now I am going to freak out about 35. Dad keeps finding great humor in pointing out to me that I will be 40 in six more years. Oh holy jeepers.

I have been working sporadically on my New Year's resolutions. No hurry here. Here's what I've got so far. 1. I'm reinstating my old tradition of making Thursday night manicure pedicure night...put on the pjs, watch something mindless and do the nails. 2. I toyed with the resolution of not going to McDonalds, not like I go there very much, but then I started to think of summertime and dipped cones and thought that might not be a good resolution? 3. Not step on a scale the entire year. Unless required by a medical professional. C'mon do you really need an exact weight to write me an Rx for amoxicillian and sinus medication? You can't eye-ball it? Pahhlease. Anywho, if the doctor makes me step on a scale I will but I won't look at the number and I won't ask.

No updates on Mr. Poodle Hater. Did I mention I got the Hello Kitty Toaster? He implied that he had a Valentine present for me. Don't ever tell me you HAVE a present for me, because I will probably hound you until you give it to me. So I told him that I thought Valentine's Day was a completely stupid holiday, when in fact I really wanted him to just give me my present. I fully intend to act as though Valentine's IS in fact a big deal.......and he should take me out to dinner, buy me a card/candy/flowers, etc. etc. We'll show HIM who can be vertiginous!

Anyways, the aforementioned present was the Hello Kitty toaster. I have not used it yet. I actually do have a loaf of bread, I bought some of that cinammony bread for Nate the Great, but I have not used the toaster yet because it is so stinkin' cute and it's all new and pristine.

Mr. Poodle Hater bought me a lovely antique brooch for Christmas. Quite pretty. Only, when he gave it to me, he was disappointed because one of the stones had fallen out. And I was disappointed because it wasn't my big diamond ring but we'll just keep that as our little secret. So last week when I finally had a couple of hours off at the same time the jewelry store was open, I trucked across town to have it fixed. Had it repaired, had all the stones checked, and I'll be damned if another stone didn't fall out of it yesterday. The jeweler will not at all be surprised to see me again, because I am totally all about high maintenance jewelry as I am bringing the charm bracelet in about every other day.

Poodle hater said that he felt bad about it, he shouldn't, but he said he would take it back and get me something else. I don't want something else. Perhaps a pin with stones that fall out is symbolic of our relationship? Or should I let him take it back and see what's behind door number 2?

I think all of the inauguration stuff is completely stupid. I think each president should only be allotted one inauguration celebration. If you are elected two terms, yes we can swear him in again and what not, but we don't need a bunch of expensive hoopla. Since he was prez before, wouldn't it have been cool if he would have said no inauguration stuff, let's donate a big chunk of change to feed the homeless, tsunami relief, SOMETHING.

Nate made the talent show at school. He's going to do magic tricks. Try outs were yesterday, so Nate and I celebrated last night with an Oreo Pie. I don't like Oreo's, but this was delicious. And just so you know, we would have celebrated with pie even if he hadn't gotten into the talent show. We would have just had a pie party for no good reason.

TOTALLY treated myself to PF Chang's the other day. Got the steamed veggie dumplings and Shanghai cucumbers. Total yummy.

Well, I guess it turns out I had quite a bit to write for someone who didn't know what to write. Must go. You see, I'm a very busy and important woman, and I have a meeting to attend. It's to discuss a printer, for cryin' out loud.

-Robyn...Shanghaied with the Hello Kitty toaster

Comments:
Vertiginous! I knew there was a word for that evil trick you women pull on us. We finally break down, give the gift early only after giving into your piles of promises that we are off the hook for the actual holiday.

I know, I know, men are NEVER off the hook for anything...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger