Rotten Robyn
2.26.2005
 
kim chi looks pale, has hair that smells like a stripper and is on the lookout for scary midgets
I got my hair streaked again this week. I had my brilliant hairdresser put more blonde in it and it just looks awesome. So I tell the poodle hater that I'm going to have pretty hair and he just HAS to take me out. So after my hair appointment, I go to pick him up (he has to take me out yet I am picking him up do you sense a problem already). He gets in the car, well first he makes me get out and get in the passenger seat because I drive like a crazy person, and he tells me...are you ready for this...

"You look pale."

Not your hair looks awesome. Not gee your hair smells terrific. Not you look pretty even though you worked an 8 hour day. But you look pale.

So then he takes me to a Korean restaurant. The restaurant was in a strip mall in a slightly seedy side of town. In the same strip mall was a business that sold caskets. Hmmmm. The restaurant had signs on the wall made out of construction paper. Aside from things on the menu like intestines a hair in a food dish, the meal was lovely. We had Kim Chi and I was pleasantly surprised. Caskets and wayward hairs aside, I would totally go again. Kim Chi is very cool and they bring out like 82 bowls of different things to your table and if you want more they bring you more.

Me Chinese, me play joke, me put crack in your food?
I have pretty much eaten asian food every day this week. Fortune Chinese restaurant on Sunday. Fortune Chinese restaurant on Monday. Can't remember what I did on Tuesday. Korean restaurant on Wednesday. PF Changs with Nate the Great on Thursday. Leftover PF Changs yesterday. Due to the complexity of my takeout order at the Fortune Chinese restaurant on Monday night (they had to call me back and ask questions) I'm quite certain I'm now on their "not allowed to order" list. Nate and I had the Great Wall of Chocolate at Changs, which, while not exactly asian, was delish.

I guess I looked moderately retarded with my chopsticks, because the waitress brought me a fork without my asking. I'm normally pretty good with the chopsticks.

I am slightly freaked out by one of the fortunes I received in one of my fortune cookies - it said that a short stranger would be entering my life. I told the guy who offices next to me to be on the lookout for midgets.

Stuff -
-My checkbook is balanced, like normal, to the penny. I am an absolute freak about it being to the penny. It is important to have balance in your life.
-I have not worn underwear for the better part of three days. If I wear pants, I probably don't have on panties.
-My skin is starting to look fantastic. I am so relieved. Yea for me.
-My nails look hideous. My house is a wreck. There is a giant pile of laundry. But, but but but but...hey I am a busy and important and powerful woman. I've got lots - TONS - goin' on. The checkbook is balanced and I filed my taxes and I worked about a bazillion hours this week and I have a boyfriend!
-I have friend at work. He gave me his phone number. I think it may even be a real number. And he has really pretty blue eyes and the loveliest, longest eyelashes. If I marry the poodle hater, he is going to be one of my brides-mates.
-And I get Nathan back tomorrow. Life. is. good.

-Robyn

Comments:
I wanted to leave a comment and say hi, the lack of underwear had absolutely nothing to do with it either.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger