Rotten Robyn
3.30.2005
 
It's a bird! Its a plane! Its Superman!!!
Places where my new diamond engagement ring looks fabulous:
1. in the shower
2. laying in my bed
3. typing on my keyboard at work
4. waiting in the line at Starbucks
5. at church
6. Petting the much hated poodle

You get the point.

Turns out he wasn't mad at me in the car on the way to Medieval Times in Dallas. Turns out he was slightly freaking that we would get lost not make it on time miss the whole show and his perfect proposal plan. Oh and I was like an hour late to his house so he probably was a teensy bit mad at me too.

It was
1. The single most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. Perhaps the single most romantic thing of all time.
2. A total surprise...I mean you should have seen what I was wearing! But oh well. That's really who I am on a Saturday with wavy hair from not caring if my hair got wet in the rain wearing capri pants and flip flops.
3. perfect
4. Done in such a way that it included our kiddos and I think will be a good and special memory for the kiddos.
5. Did I mention it was perfect?

Stuff
1. I am dreambride2005.
2. If you would like to see my ring, tonight before you go to bed, look out your window. See that sparkle in the sky? That's it. The poodle hating pastor may despise small animals, but he can pick out the jewelry.
3. Nathan has already labeled a piece of paper in his school notebook 'wedding planner'. He's getting it all figured out for me. You'd think he was a bridezilla.
4. My mother has already put in her two cents worth on dresses. Even worse though...she called me AT WORK to make sure I knew I needed to get on 'the pill' so we wouldn't have any 'little surprises'. Ick. Thank you...and at this time I do need to remind you calls may be recorded for quality assurance. I am 33 for crying out loud....33 1/2! If I didn't have this whole reproduction thing figured out by now, I'd have like 12 kids! I messaged the pastor poodle hater prospective partner to inform him of my very helpful mother and to say do you see why she doesn't get to be involved in anything?
5. The pastor was very sweet and asked for my hand in marriage. My dad took this opportunity to tell him I can't cook! Where did this come from?
6. The ring has not come off my finger since he put it there. In order for it to come off it will have to be removed from my cold, dead finger. Even then I will rise from the dead and kick the ever-livin ass of whoever dares to touch the bdr.
7. I have my dress. I have booked reception. We have chapel. Invitations are on the way. I'm on the pre-wedding diet. And the most serious indicator of all...I have the appointment to get my hair done. We are not messin' around here.
8. Most importantly, fairy tales DO come true. Either that, or I totally wore the guy down and he was willing to do anything to shut me up.

That's all for now. Yes, I will totally run this into the ground, and enjoy every minute of it.

-Robyn...I still shave my armpits every single day.

Comments:
I trust your brothers and I will get ample opportunity to give him a proper Riley welcome?
 
Robyn,
The last part of #4 of why your mother is not allowed to be involved and all of #5 is the best laugh I had all day. Thank you! By the way, Congratulations! I was so excited to find out. Kylie and Cambree seem to be really excited about it as well.

Peace.
Big Mike
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger