Rotten Robyn
3.17.2005
 
major holiday, march madness and mobile phones
Today is a major holiday. So you know what THAT means. It means I will somehow convince myself that I’ll get a ring with some sort of Irish-themed proposal. But the trouble is I am really tired and do NOT feel well, so unfortunately I don’t even think I can work myself into a frenzy over this today.

I got Nate a cell phone. I struggle with the concept of a cell phone for a 9 year old, but it’s just a cheapie pre-paid thing. He is going out of town with former spouse and I think the pre-paid cell is a good idea – then Nate & I don’t have to worry about things like former spouse complaining about his cell phone minutes---roaming, etc. or former spouse’s cell phone not working etc. etc. This puts the ownership into Nate’s hands & empowers him to be able to call whenever he wants, so I think this could be a good thing. We’ll see how it works.

I made my college basketball brackets. I have Duke and Penn in the final two, with Duke going all the way baby. I spent more time drawing pretty-pretty princess pictures on the very masculine looking brackets than I did picking teams.

Oh, back to the whole cell phone thing. I got a new phone too. The T Mobile Sidekick. It is a phone, a camera, a calendar, full web browsing, email, text messaging… It’s fine and dandy that it does all that stuff but let’s focus on what’s important. It’s pink. I would tell you the drama behind getting a new cell phone but people I just don’t feel good. Sigh.

-Robyn …everybody likes a nice Irish girl

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger