Rotten Robyn
3.08.2005
 
push up bras,pastors,poodle-haters,pretty-pretty princess printers,but NO pictures,polish,paintings,panties,phone plans or proposals with props
I got a ring! I got a ring! I got a ring!
-It’s pink.
-It’s NOT the kind of ring that means you are going to combine cell phone plans with someone.
But it is still big and pink and sparkly and pretty . I’ve not taken it off my finger. If I had a digital camera, I would take a picture of it and show it to you. Then you would be happy too. Even though my nails aren’t polished.
-It’s very nice to know that people who hate your dog but love you are thinking about you and buying you presents when they are out of town.

Church Boobies
Sunday I wore one of my wrap dresses to church. With one of my push-up bras. The pastor said “you look very breasty today”. I think he meant it in a you need to not wear a wrap dress and push up bra and body glitter to church sort of way, but no one ever says the phrase “you look breasty” to me so I totally took it in more of a delightful compliment sort of way.

boy am I dumb/red-faced/live in pretty-pretty princess fantasy land/have a vivid imagination
It is a good thing I am able to keep my mouth shut and that people aren’t able to hear my thought process.

Here is a for instance, I was totally able to convince myself that the pastor poodle hater was going to propose and had some big elaborate proposal scheme. Here's how it went. I picked him up at the airport the other night. He stopped and pulled a flower out of the ground and said “I’ll need that later”.

Hmmmm.

Then he says he has to go by his office for something.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Then he pulls over to a tree and removes a branch. So naturally anyone would conclude from this succession of events that he has some big romantic proposal involving a single blossom and a stick. He’s very deep like that, it could happen. (I know, and monkeys could fly out my bum). And we are perfectly willing to draw this conclusion even though HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I was going to pick him up at the airport.

But in actuality when he was out of town he had bought me this really cool vase thing….it’s not really a vase but it’s a rock that has a hole in the middle to be a flower/stick receptacle. And he wanted to give it to me. It was very sweet and romantic.

So here’s what we learned. 1. I'm not smoking crack, I just have a very wild and strange imagination. 2. I need to relax. 3. Be thankful for what you have. 4. Push up bras really work, but they won’t get you a cell phone plan. 5. I am a fool, fool, fool for love.

Actually months ago I had another wild proposal fantastical fantasy involving a painting. I won’t EVEN tell you about it because it is WAY too embarrassing.

But I think the poodle-hating pastor won’t propose because he is the type of person who if he did something like that, it would mean that he had he would HAVE to go through with it. As long as he doesn’t propose then he always has a way out, a back door, an exit.

Sigh.

I vacillate – part of me knows that life is not like the movies and no one is going to blindfold me, sneak me in the back door of Tiffany’s and tell me to “pick one”. I really, really know that. But this other part of me who is a totally stupid girly girl thinks that it would be cool to have some big romantic fantasy.

For the most part, I feel really good about my life right now. My house is picked up, my bills are paid, my skin is clearing up and I am managing to survive in a nail-polish free world. I am very, very blessed. I do feel fat though after hibernating all winter…

It took me five months but I finally got invited to go to lunch with someone from work. Yea for me. I also got flowers at work. Yea for me! I came out of a meeting and they were waiting on my desk! There’s nothing like flowers to give you the will to live and come back into work the next day. One of the computer guys also let me name my printer so now when I print it goes to the “pretty pretty princess printer”. It’s important to find joy in the small things.

-Robyn

Comments:
robyn is not rotten because I'm ROBYN!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger